It seems like yesterday that we opened the very first Kazoodles. Time really does fly when you’re having fun! We’ve come a long way in the seven years since then, and we’ve decided to throw a big birthday party on March 23 to celebrate!
But this won’t be any ordinary party (would it really be a Kazoodles party if it was?). For six of our seven years, we’ve run a summer reading program in which readers “earn” volunteer-knit blankets for cats at the Humane Society for Southwest Washington. The idea comes from StephanieJo, local author of Meow a Cancer Legacy. In honor of the program, this year’s celebration will be–drumroll please–a yarn party!
Yarn party? Yarn party. We have an entire day of fun yarn-related activities for kids and adults alike. “But how many yarn-related activities could one toy store possibly think of?” you might be saying to yourself. We’re glad you asked. To the schedule of festivities!
- 10 am – We’ll tell yarns in a special storytime
- 10:30 am – Yarn toss games
- 11 am – Face painting with Cinderella (The stepsisters apparently left her home to knit)
- 2 pm – Learn to spool knit or crochet with StephanieJo, the instigator of our summer reading program
- 3:30 pm – Race rocket balloons on yarn rocketways
- All Day – Make friendship bracelets, enter for prizes, and contribute to a yarn drive so volunteers can make more cat blankets.
The big day is Saturday, March 23, so mark your calendars! We’re already practicing our yarn-throwing form, and we can’t wait to see yours. We’ll be open from 9:30 in the morning to 7 at night. Stop by for a quick visit or a long afternoon. After all, this isn’t all about us, it’s about you, the customers! Thank you for seven fantastic years! Let’s party!